zondag 23 juni 2013

the plan so far

One week and 2 days to go
.
the nearer I get to the depature day the more I get in focus on when I leave and how the route will be to Fredrikshavn in Denmark. Knowing myself I do find it hard to stick strickly to a plan. I can get all over the place with my thoughts and I can be quite spontaneously and turn into right instead of left or the otherway around. This means I either make it easy on myself or I get into all kinds of funny situations and probably miss my boat for instance.

I know now that I leave on Tuesday the 2nd of July early in the morning. My road will lead me to Ribe in Denmark. Why Ribe? friends of mine have been there and they where very happy with the good accomidation/service on the camping right there with their motorbikes 2 years back.



This will be a trip off 650 km. According to GoogleMaps its an 8hr and 53 min. drive by car.
For a motorcyclist that is quite a lot and a heavy trip.

If I would stick to only mainhighroads I would go over Zwolle, over the boarder at Emmen straight to Bremen, Hamburg, Flensburg to Ribe, 686 km but in shorter time 6hr and 50 min.








The thing is I dont like German highways. They drive like made and even if I would go 200km p/hr (I have done so in the past) some nutter in a Porsche, BMW or Mercedes will push on my backpumper to take me to the limit. Also the roads are hidias as they are very long and straight. On roads like these either you fall a sleep or your mind creates a whole new Zoo with loads off bears which can get the scary parts onto the surface.These panic attacks I have encounted them before on these roads and riding 180 km  p/hr I would go straight back to 60 km and in desperate need off coffee and getting of the bike with yellow kniees. Not nice and very scary. I prefer the small roads where I can concentrate completely on the riding instead of a wandering mind going bananas.




This route means I will take a small ferrie crossing the Pagensander Nebenelbe at Wischhafen to Gluckstadt towards the German boarder into Denmark








On Wednesday the 3rd I will go towards
Fredrikshavn and again according to Google this will be 312 km with a nearly 4 hr drive. That would be great as I can take it easy on leaving Ribe and search in the region of Fredrikshavn a good camping to stay on.

On Thursday the 4th I need to be at the habour to catch the Stenaline ferrie at 9 o'clock to Oslo








Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten