woensdag 19 juni 2013

tankbag

Gardenbench

Yes!!! yesterday the 17th I sold again an item on ebay, marktplaats, my gardenbench.

This will get me another 500km on benzine for on the tarmack. I'm happy and so was the guy who trurned up late last night after i came home from my school in Amsterdam.

 
Tankbag

My tankbag is like a sorrow leaky strainer and my things get very wet with rainy weather. 

These bags are pricey and i shook my thoughts together with a friend of mine Marjon on how to make this bag, but how? which material? it has to be waterproof, strong and solid.

I searched the internet and found heavyduty lorrie textiles and goretex but all where to expensive.

Then I thought off divingsuits, waterproof and the zips will do also. However looking on the secondhand sites it was still to deer for me.

Then we had a brainstrom and we thought of an old camping matras and yes she had an true old on in the attick. 

This matras was made off heavycanvas with a plasticklayer in the innerside. When working cutting into the stuff a smell came up and it reminded me off years back.
 
In my primaryschoolyears way back we had swimminglessons and we all had special bags to carry our wetsuits and underpants in etc.
That was made of the same material as this one. We call this bag here 'plunjezak".


The making was much fun and I laughed all the way as it worked and it became a very unusual tankbag!



As my school has these strong industry sewingmachines because of the heavy duty materials which are used for the upholstry I could make my bag.

Its a one of a kind! and i'm proud of the results.










1 opmerking: