Packet of mie soup with olives tomatosaus with basil dryed soup water pepper all heated up and you have a power mix! Oh yeah the whole garlic went in there too ;-)
Just had a small talk with a young guy from holland and he came all the way on his bicycle from underneath Eindhoven towards the Belgium boarder with only a small scale map, a list with name places and a compass. His goal Sweden to fish. Also low budget will be free camping and just gave my detailed map of the area he wants to fish to him. He is a happy man.
I started of okay and I'm at this small old camping in Kungsbacka. The weather was sunny very fresh and damp all over. At 8.30 I sat on my bike going towards Malmö. After tanked had coffee and some sweet Swedish bread I toulk on the road and via the small roads heading down south.
The landscape became more and more flat and day before yesterday I noticed that the road from Torsby went downhill. And so it went all the way to the south towards the long bridge between Sweden and Denmark. I was not impressed by this bridge and had to pay a toll of 210 Swedish kronen.
The roads I toulk went straight into farmland and passed many many long glowing fields of golden grain. In the midst a lot of very old farms and it toulk me way back to some centuries ago and I had the image of how that should have looked liked. Old farms with thick old trees on the grounds surrounding the farm from cold winds and bad weather.
Ah! hardly any mosquito here! It's true only in Sweden there are plenty. I'm covered in lumps also in spots and my legs are still full with small wounds from the scratching. On my left foot on the upper bit towards the front leg there is even appearing an open wound. At this moment I don't care. It will disappear ones I'm home.
Also my cloths are realy dirty and funny enough they don't smell to bad at all. My one and only towel has been used for the last 2 weeks without a wash and drying in the open air keeps the freshness going.
Being on the road for such a long time and being smelly and dirty is all part of the wildness that I'm in and I don't mind at all more so to say that I quite enjoy the state I'm in. Being back to basic and so long my reindeerskin is in my neighbourhood I don't care and don't mind at all. These smells belong to me.
.......it's just after ten o'clock and it is dark outside! Yes I have travelled a long way. I had with the bicycle guy a look where I have been as he wanted to know and I realize that I have seen so much beauty. i have taken in a lot the smells the colors the feeling the wind and the sky are to be in need of sinking in. It will be time to reflect and take action.
My dear tree friend in Stockholm Maja already asked where she can begin to start an action group as she knows many people who will join this cause for keeping the old ancient forrests and fight for our ecosystem that we need to take care of. Maria Westerberg asked me to stand up as they need people like me................
My friend in Wales, I wrote him a mail today, is a passionate film maker on the bird of pray and is an activist to keep the Badgers in a safe haven instead of being just killed as being an hasserd to the community.
I said goodbye to Sweden when I drove over the famous bridge between Malmö and Copenhagen. Knowing in my heart that I will be back and when I will return I will travel between Denmark Norway and Sweden. The ride from my stay night before last was the most southern I want to have as the west side did not agree with me.
Yesterday evening I turned down three camping sides as they were asking the jackpot. Determent as I can be I stepped everytime very tired on my. Bike and drove another 25 or 18 or 10 km to find eventually the right payable stay and so I did quite late at night yesterday. Forfilled with my hunting I layed down my head and slept like a baby. The traffic noise was all of a sudden a terrible load volume which I could not turn down. The quietness of nature being north had quite down my mind together with the thoughts. I love the sound of a stream, a call from a bird, the wind in the tree leaves softly whispering sweet words and the sky filled with light from a moon or a sun. Yes, I'm in love with nature and I will have to find my way in the world with people and the systems.
Shit there walked just now a spider of the screen of my iPad. Because it made me jump a bit and flipped the 4 or maybe 5 legged one from my screen. A bit stupid as this iPad is my only light source and he is now crawling through my tent most probably instead of me picking him up and put him outside my tent.
Tomorrow another day hopefully it will be dry as I might just drive down to Claus. He is a great guy living in Bielefeld in Germany and he was one of the fireteam people!
I'm now in a small town just from the A47 nearby Praesto. I should have gone East but I drove to fast on the motorway and missed my turn. I drove on to the next turn and bumped into this camping. I made nearly a stupid mistake on the road and then I knew to get of my bike and rest! I had been on my motorbike for nearly 10 hours and have been driving about 400 km. that doesn't sound like much but when you take the small roads you can only drive about 70 km p/hr. had twice a break at my famous mc Donald's as there is free wifi to catch on with my Internet and such things ;-)

Wolf card arrived today.
BeantwoordenVerwijderenMakes me happy!
Your tasks fullfilled,
for now....
upwards and onwards,
the wind blows homewards...
safe journey,
bless,
with love,
taffy-mum x