zaterdag 20 juli 2013

19/07/13, Going back to nature

It is now 19th of July and I'm stranded at this small campingside alongside a small lake near a small town called Frövi. I was underway for an petrol station and it was shut. Riding further I noticed a small board along the road with a camping side. So i drove up. This overweight greasy haired kind off gnom walked up to me as he just came out of an 60ties show. Hè reminder me of the BBC one with this fifties camp butlins series Where there was a rockabilly guy. Ever so friendly chap and just didnt asked the jackpot!  Showers are included here all are separate and I payed and got the keys for the showers etc. Its all very old very 60 ties style but it works the showers etc are spick and span and warm! without coins so no time limit. my shower was a heaven one :-)

This was a gift as I drove for about 270 km in 7 hrs. I had stopped  twice for eating and shopping which was needed. Then it was 20 hrs I drove throw this part where the road was graffel and being complete stressed from this road it was very rewarding being back on tarmack. Graffel is slippery and the roads are in these parts not flat but hilly. With my whole home on my iron horse it has some weight my motorbike. Falling over is for now No way Jose an option. 

Im sitting at this picknick table overlooking the side lake towards the deep west where the sky is turning pinkish, the time is now past 22 hrs.





A bunch of teenagers are very load at impressing them selfs to the others sexes. 

In the meantime I'm trying to keep the moskito's away by having a lemongrass sent stick slowly burning with the sounds of Mari Boine.

Today I left my dear friend Marietta. She was so happy to see me and then I had to tell her I was back on the road and leaving. I turned up at her work, she is a software program maker for the Swedish bank. I didn't want to leave her without saying goodbye. Usually I would sneak out as saying goodbye is for me an upsetting moment and I get very emotional. But as those are my own feelings and I want  to consider someone else their feelings too I just had to go to her to say goodbye. Which was good and we hugged and hugged. She is also a dear friend who stepped into my life.

I woke up this morning and the itch was there. I need to get back on the road. I'm on an second mission which I need to for fill 

I had a good sleep and it was my second night at her home. I slept for the 1st time in a sofa bed and that felt good after camping matras for the last 17 days.

I have been very tired after the most impressive days of my life. The fire as gotten me and the drum my heartbeat. I have been so on fire that a lot came out and it started after two days of fire caretaker with a small rash on my ankels soon to go up and my whole legs are itchy on fire my arms in a rash and I scratch them open all the time. 

My friend Maja, the tree woman, I had her on Facebook and she was calling out for me to come to the city to her work. I thought just a chat as we connected but never had the change to talk proper.
I had the most wonderfull afternoon with myself in this very old sauna right in the middle of Stockholm.

It's now 22.25 and people are jumping into the lake, very funny to watch by the way.






Three hours cooling down and then a dry sauna and hup in the cold baths. Wonderfull too as here are separate saunas and baths for woman and men and also for mixed if you want. 
The itch has gone for 80% and that is a lot. The swellings are down and the fire has gone down. I needed this and it made me at moment very emotional and also those tears needed to come out.

She is also a beautiful woman, divorced with 2 boys and completely in love with this chubby Indian guy from India who she met last January when she was there on vacation. 
Besides wellness massages she is into trees and walks around one moment in have timber clothing and next all nice done up for the beauty salons. She works at 2 of them to come by.




It was jus an amazing feeling that somebody was calling out for me to take care in her own way. The sauna was a gift from her to me. My heart is warm and Maja has also come into my life.

She be leaving end of July to the south where her mother has a cottage. There lives the oldest living oaktree above the ground. She has invited me to come along when I'm on my way back home. Her grandmother comes from Wales.

I'm pretty cooled down and going back to my tent. The sun will be full out at 3 so I have to make the best hours keep when the sky is trying to be dark.




1 opmerking:

  1. Na bijna een hele week stilte is het goed te horen dat je het goed maakt. Hele bijzondere indrukken en ervaringen!
    Gaat je weg noordwaarts?

    liefs,
    taffy-mum X

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen