I went up to Grövelsjön from Idre a side road which I was told is a ski area. I wanted to meet a couple who are old friends of Rolf in Storsätern who own a shop and his name is Peer Johnsonss and she is Helena.
I met Rolf yesterday evening. An very nice man and he is the owner of the house that I have been staying in for the last couple of days. He is a friend of Sebastian.
Rolf Lundqvist, 69, is a freelancer photographer and writer. He wrote books about the mountains in Fulufjället, where he lives and comes from. He is a very passionately man about nature and he could talk filling years with his knowledge. He also knows Prof. Leif Kullman who I wrote as he knows the Old tree and even had written about this ancient tree when I was still in Stockholm.
He was not suppose to have come from his home town Vansbro until beginning of August to his summerhouse in Gördalen some 200 meters away from the Norway boarder. However yesterday evening he stepped in with this big smile and asked if I would stay up to talk as he was informed by Sebastian about my mission and he wanted to know everything. He is a very charming good looking guy for his age and as I always do made a strong pot of earl grey tea, lit the candles and sat down at this diner table in the living room. It was a good talk and I'm glad that I had the change to meet this man.
To be honest I was very tired of the heavy trip we had made with hicking today but thank god just before he came I bathed in the river behind the house and I was clean and tidy in a dress.
In this house there is no water system. The water is fresh from a well across the road and comes in two buckets with big scope spoons. The toilet is outside in the special made dung house and the peeing is done everywhere where you want in this big wild grown garden. The bath is a small river stream behind the house at the bottom of the garden. The river is not high and one can sit easily and bathe. Of course we are all in the nude and I love it! The cold fresh water running and bouncing on your sweaty skin is very refreshing and I just love it!
The water I could not drink just like that I would boil for the tea or coffee. I have been drinking fresh water from wells and creeks which is awesome and many water bottles I have filled. My stay at this place also learned me to pick cloud berries. These berries live along small wetlands, rivers and pools. When they are good orange then they are ripe and it is delicious. Especially when mashed after 1 day in the fritch and stirred with cream, jammie! just plain eating I did loads and with fresh yoghurt in the morning too.
These berries have no need to me washed first you can just eat them fresh from the picking.
This morning he was so ever charming and when he returned from the forrest he had a bucket of cloudberries and he picked a very small local grown orchid for me to bring me luck.
I made sure that all was packed and put into Sebastian's car so by the time Kat and he left I just had a little sit down with Rolf and then sayed goodbye. Also him I told when ever in holland my home will be yours also.
Rolf has to be back at his home on Monday evening, tomorrow, as he has a very important meeting on Tuesday. He is one of a group of 6 to 10 men who fight for the old forrests who are in danger here in Sweden as the big multi companies want to cut down rapidly the old forrests for their wood. This would mean that the whole Eco system of these forrests but also for us humans would be distroyed. He has the support of the national Forrest here in Swden which is apparently very important. I told him to get on the Internet and get the local people known about this destruction. Makingeople aware and hopefully a waking up call could help his support on the matter. He have his email to me and we will keep in touch about his cause and my ' walk my talk' which I have to for fill when I'm back home.

Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten